Designed for mega-sized networks run by communications service providers (CSPs) and large enterprises, CA Performance Management is based on a modern, centralized Multi-Tiered Architecture that overcomes the scalability, functionality and cost-of-ownership drawbacks of alternative network monitoring solutions built on older architectures.
Scalability: low cost to high scale monitoring, analytics and visualization
CA Performance Management monitors the massive amount of metrics required by CSPs and very large enterprises to assure network performance and uses an exceptionally small host footprint to lower capital and administrative costs. The solution’s architecture optimizes network management by overcoming the inefficiencies and bottlenecks found in older appliance-based and distributed polling/data storage-based tools.
Flexibility: intelligent analytics in easily customizable dashboards and reports
Through a modern dashboard-based user interface, CA Performance Management unifies its native performance, availability and capacity analytics with network flow, application performance and VoIP/Video analytics from pre-integrated add-on monitoring functions. Unifying this wide range of functions in self-customizable dashboards frees personnel from manually extracting and correlating data from separate tools and relying on administrative support to create their own workflows.
Extensibility: open architecture for integrating information, automating processes and customizing
CA Performance Management’s REST application interface (API) enables zero-touch monitoring through integration with other operational support systems (OSS), business support systems (BSS), provisioning tools and configuration management databases. Open APIs enable users to self-certify new devices for monitoring as well as customize monitoring settings.
- Unified multi-technology, multi-vendor device monitoring: Delivers a single tool to monitor SNMP and non-SNMP devices across all communications service provider network domains as well as large enterprise cloud, data center, campus and remote office network domains
- Very high-scale monitoring architecture on a small platform: Establishes a modern architecture with very high-efficiency collectors and centralized data warehousing that requires fewer host servers than older-generation solutions
- Pre-certified and self-certified device monitoring: Furnishes certifications for classic network devices and specialized Carrier Ethernet, WiFi offloading and Mobile Wireless equipment, plus a user interface for self-certifying devices
- Intelligent analytics and high-scale visualization: Creates innovative analytical views in modern heat charts, combination chart-tables, trend with events charts and no-wait paging/no-wait population of granular data in panels to enable users to view a massive amount of data and to visually correlate it for fast triage and proactive actions
- Flexible, easily customizable dashboards and reports: Provides a drag and drop interface to enable network operations center (NOC) staff and engineers to customize dashboards without administrative support
- Open application interfaces (APIs): Supplies modern APIs based on representational state transfer (REST) architecture for easy integration with other monitoring, business, provisioning, analytics and reporting systems, as well as customization of threshold and other metrics.
- Monitors your entire network and analyzes massive metrics at low host server and administrative costs
- Speeds problem-solving by visually correlating multi-technology, multi-vendor metrics in a unified user interface
- Makes operators and engineers more proactive, productive and less dependent on administrative support
- Increases efficiency through integrations with OSSes, BSSes and other tools for zero-touch monitoring and device self-certification.