Big Data Infrastructure Management (BDIM) from CA Technologies provides a unified approach for effectively managing heterogeneous big data environments (Hadoop, Cassandra) to maximize enterprise operational efficiency. The solution delivers advanced capabilities that enable administrators to proactively identify and mitigate problems before they cause system degradation or outages that may result in application downtime.
Big Data Infrastructure Management enables you to monitor and manage clusters, nodes and jobs as well as control system operations across all clusters in a heterogeneous, mixed-vendor Hadoop environment through a single UI experience. The advanced BDIM architecture enables administrators to configure automated actions triggered by alerts. Organizations can thereby apply automation best practices to perform a variety of actions to eliminate manual processes and help decrease system errors and downtime.
Big Data Infrastructure Management is designed to simplify and centralize Hadoop and Cassandra system monitoring, providing advanced management capabilities to enable:
- Cost control through more accurate capacity planning and reporting
- More efficient process and system management
- Reduced risk through sophisticated alert management
- Monitor and manage single and/or multi-vendor big data environments from a single, consistent management UI.
- Automate Hadoop operations (single-click) based on best practices.
- Report on different system resources and their utilization by jobs/applications.
- Manage different Hadoop job definitions and monitor their health with integrated Alert Management notification that provides granular details for rapid trend analysis.
- Have the ability to monitor and manage Cassandra NoSQL database clusters..
- Improved Big Data system administration and increased efficiency of labor through reduced complexity, unified access (through a single pane of glass), integrated cross-silo monitoring/reporting and improved storage monitoring
- Improved Big Data process and workflow automation
- Reduced downtime through early detection of system capacity and job bottlenecks
- Improved monitoring leading to improved utilization of system resources
- Early detection of negative trends affecting Cluster/Node/Job performance to enable big data administrators to resolve issues before they turn into support calls from LOB users (e.g. experiencing failed business applications)
- Simplified management of Cassandra NoSQL database cluster(s) within a BDIM management environment